Baluran National Park is representative of the forest ecosystem dry in Java. There are some types of savanna vegetation, such as coastal forests, mangrove forests, forest winter, the mountain forest, swamp forest and the forest is always green throughout the year. Around 40% of savannah vegetation types dominate the Baluran National Park, East Java.
Plants that grow in this national park of 444 kinds, among which there are native plants, special and exciting that is widoro bukol (Ziziphus rotundifolia), mimba (Azadirachta indica), and pilang (Acacia leucophloea). Widoro bukol, mimba, and plants are able to adapt pilang in very dry conditions, although other plants are wilting and drying. Other plants such as tamarind (Tamarindus indica), yam (Dioscorea hispida), hazelnut (Aleurites moluccana), Gebang (Corypha orangutan), fires (Avicennia sp.), Kendal (Cordia obliqua), manting (Syzygium polyanthum), and billowing (Sterculia foetida).
There are also 26 species of mammals, such as bison (Bos javanicus javanicus), wild buffalo (Bubalus bubalis), ajag (Cuon alpinus javanicus), barking deer (Muntiacus muntjak muntjak), deer (Cervus timorensis Russa), leopard (Panthera pardus melas) , deer (Tragulus pelandoc javanicus), and mangrove cat (Prionailurus viverrinus). Animal bison are characteristic of Baluran National Park.
In addition, there are about 155 kinds of rare birds such as kites fire (Hirundo rustica), tuwuk / tuwur asia (Eudynamys scolopacea), peacock (Pavo muticus), red jungle fowl (Gallus gallus), kangkareng (Anthracoceros convecus), Great Hornbill (Buceros rhinoceros), and stork barrels (Leptoptilos javanicus).
There are some interesting objects to visit:
- Batangan: the relics of historical sites such as, Japanese cave, the tomb of Maulana Malik Ibrahim's son and the peacocks dance attractions in mating season between the months of October-November.
- Bekol and Semiang. Observation of wildlife such as partridge, deer, peacocks, deer, bison, wild buffalo. Facilities available: guest house, guest house researchers, tower view post.
- Bama, Balanan, Nautical tourist, diving, fishing and fights between stags in July - August, and a flock of gray monkey crab fishing with his tail in the water when the tide.
- Manting, Water Masjid. Water source that never dry throughout the year and leopard habitat.
- Popongan, Sejile, Sirontoh, Kalitopo. Boating in the calm sea to see various types of ornamental fish and migrant bird observations.
- Curah Tangis: rock climbing activities as high as 10-30 meters, with a slope of up to 85%, temples Bang, Labuan Peacock, Kramat. Culture.
The best time to visit is March to August each year.